15 Great Argumentative Essay Topics About Education
There is nothing as amazing as being asked to write an argumentative essay. These are essays that pretty much require you to take the platform and put forward your ideas, your thoughts, your impressions about things and give comments on what you think should be done. It is all about speaking your mind, and your paper becomes the ultimate platform for you to achieve this.
With this kind of an essay, you are supposed to essentially pick up a position, do some good research on the same and come up with a conclusive paper that supports your argument. No one is going to castigate you for the choices that you have made, but the most important thing that you have to realize is that in this paper, you are speaking your mind freely, though backed with evidence and really good research. The following are some great topics that you can write about on education:
- Parenting classes should be introduced and made mandatory for first time parents
- What is the appropriate age for children to start attending school?
- Is the Electoral College really a necessity?
- High stakes tests should not be mandatory for students
- Are elite schools increasing the divide between the rich and the poor?
- Students must not be forced to learn foreign languages
- Schools should set restrictions on the food that students carry in for lunch
- Discuss the benefits and disadvantages of home schooling, comparing it with normal schooling
- Technology in classrooms; discuss the extent to which technology should be used in classes
- Is it okay to pay college athletes? Put an emphasis on some of the advantages and disadvantages of doing this
- Is it necessary to offer remedial classes in college? How effective are they?
- Should there be standards set to regulate the current educational curriculum, based on the needs and requirements of the schools?
- Legal run-ins should be displayed on the academic results of a student: Discuss
- Discuss the possible consequences of plagiarism and the punishments that can be administered to students who are found to have infringed on some of these rules
- Should all school children be made to undergo high school life skills classes? What are the benefits that students can get from these classes?
As you can probably see, most of these are simple things that you experience on a daily basis.
20 Ideas For Your Essay About The Current Education System
Are you in the process of creating an essay about the education system, but have not yet decided what type of topic you are going on be working on? Then you should take the time to read the rest of this article form some good quality suggestions on titles that you can tackle. It is quite easy to finish a project when you understand the ideal title for you interests. With that thought in mind, here are the top essay titles that you can choose for your project on the current education system:
- What do you feel are the big advantages of the current education system?
- What do you think are the big disadvantages of the current education system?
- What type of shortcomings does the current education system not manage to shake off?
- How can the current education system be improved?
- What areas should be funded of the current education system?
- Are currently teachers paid the right amount of money for the work that they do?
- What experiences have you had with the current education system?
- Do you feel that kids nowadays are being taught enough subjects at school?
- Do you feel that kids are not being disciplined well enough at school?
- What can be done by parents to improve the education that their child receives in school?
- What top government initiatives out there have improved the quality of the education recently?
- What can be done to ensure that teachers are better motivated to teach?
- Should money be spent on upgrading the quality of the classrooms?
- Is enough being done to upgrade the quality of the technology in the classrooms?
- Should parents give money to schools in order to support them?
- What measures are currently in place to protect those who are being bullied?
- How can teacher spot bullying and stop it?
- What can be done to ensure that more students get a passing grade in their work?
- How can a teacher decrease the level of distractions in the classroom?
- What can be done to help those students that have learning difficulties in the classroom, and when doing their homework?