It just does not matter what the type of paper you should write. Many people are afraid to write papers. The only thing that matters is your experience with writing this exact type of paper. And when it is time for students to deal with a critical essay they find it difficult even to start. And our custom essay writing service knows well how tough this task can be. There are lots of supporting materials online, and you can easily add our hints to the entire picture.
Almost every student can write this type of paper. But the best way to make it successful is to improve your skills for that particular piece of writing.
Critical thinking essay definition
Actually, this type of essay will give you lots of advantages for your studying and everyday life. When you learn how to write a critical thinking essay, there will be lots of perspectives for you. Criticism is a great part of our life. It is involved with such simple things like choosing bread in your local shop and goes up to more important life decisions. A good paper will also teach you to read focused and research effectively. Thus, to dig into the topic and get it right just read few of our simple but helpful tips and hints.
Your paper will start with the topic. You should choose one that is the most interesting for you as a writer. Then after that decision, you will be able to plan your research and further work. Before start, you can read few different guides about how to write a critical essay. There are lots of them online nowadays, and you will easily find everything you need. But still, you need to have perfect critical thinking skills.
The next step will be the research information. It should be absolutely useful with no boring parts. There will be no use if the facts you will find are just too common or too narrow. Also, you should be sure about your sources. Wikipedia is not the best one in this case. The sources for your research can be absolutely different such as journals, articles, books, news, and even encyclopedias. Do not forget to use critical thinking. The tip for successful research is to get as much information for your critical analysis essay as you can. The more information you have on your paper, the best quality you can develop while writing.
But you should keep in mind that the information for your task should be brief and clear.
You can read your researched material over and over again. It will help you to separate some fascinating data from irrelevant and useless one. Let’s mention few more words about the sources and how to apply critical thinking to practice. The best information will be interesting. Try to avoid those extremely boring points. You can believe us because we did lots of great college application papers. Before you sit for writing, you should do an outline.
Do not try to polish it and make perfect.
Start with the Outline
The perfect outline is that is comfortable for you. If you are required to be simple and raw, just do it. You can base your outline on your research notes. It will be the best choice for you. Then you will have your map for writing and can start with the initial part of your essay.
No matter what part you are going to write at first. In our company writers do their steps in their own way. You can even start with your conclusion. Take into account that the most interesting facts should be included in the Body paragraphs. Your research material will help you to fill gaps with interesting details, facts, and supporting points.
Do not forget to cite all the borrowed material.
The outline is particularly useful for critical thinking assignment when you were assigned some disputable topic. You have lots of ideas in mind fighting each other and making you confused. If you don’t organize them, the whole paper will look messy.
You need some plan to stick with and keep your thoughts flowing in the right direction. This is where outlining is a great technique to help you along this path and make an excellent critical thinking paper.
Consider the following points when composing your critical thinking essay:
Think what ideas you will include in the opening paragraph. These should be something attention-grabbing and meaningful. Usually, introduction contains a thesis statement, ideas representing the topic or central problem and some background information to introduce readers to the topic. Explain clearly what you are going to write about.
As far as we are dealing with 5 paragraph outline, let's split its body into 3 parts. Start each passage with a topic sentence. Then jot down some ideas to exemplify it and finally add a few lines to explain the evidence. Do not forget to analyze the arguments.
The closing part of your outline is of great importance. Here you need to summarize all main points or support particular solution to the problem. Hence, be attentive not to miss any crucial evidence. List core ideas that will discuss your essay and lead to a meaningful conclusion.
General Writing Tips
Narrow down your topic. You may have lots of ideas that might contribute to your essay, but not all of them are worth mentioning in an outline. That’s why try to select most interesting and thought-provoking. If you have difficulties, draw a mind map and try brainstorming to come up with essential data;
Let ideas flow. Write whatever comes to your mind. Don’t pay attention to spelling or grammar. It is just the draft where you are trying to single out topic-related ideas. Then look what you’ve got. There is likely to be information you need in your draft essay you can use;
Consider listing ideas. Alternatively, to mind mapping, you can create a list of ideas that you have for your paper. Simply sort them out according to their importance and informative value.
Common Critical Thinking Essay Topics
Here you have some topics for critical essay. Just choose topic you like the most:
- Single parent families.
- Latino influences.
- Ethnic music.
- Changing gender roles.
- Multicultural families.
- Body size and modeling.
- Multicultural identity.
- Sports on television.
- Street art and graffiti.
- College football.
- Anti-meth campaign.
- Drug use in sports.
- Communication differences between men and women.
Just tell us, “please, write my essay for me” and get a top-quality college paper at cheap.
An argumentative essay is a particular type of academic writing. It requires students to develop and articulate a clear position on their respective research topic. This argumentative position is advanced and supported through the engaged use of research to support the writer's perspective in the attempt to convince his or her audience to share the author's view. To write a strong argumentative essay, students should begin by familiarizing themselves with some of the common, and often conflicting, positions on the research topic so that they can write an informed paper. Students then need to begin compiling relevant evidence, including statistics, expert opinions, and verifiable facts to support their position.
Generally speaking, the primary purpose of an argumentative essay is to persuade an audience to see things from another perspective, particularly one that may go against their entrenched presuppositions.
What Constitutes a Strong Argumentative Essay Topic?
In choosing your topic, it is often a good idea to begin with a subject that you already have some familiarity with. Even if you chose to hire professional help for the paper, writing on a topic you have knowledge of and interest in will make a much better platform for your ideas, and you will have a better command of the relevant issues pertaining to your topic. It is often a good idea to choose a topic that tends to elicit an emotional response. Getting your audience invested emotionally can go a long way in persuading them to see your perspective, and getting engaged with your paper.
Chose Your Own Topic or Have Your Essay Completed For You
We provide an excellent list of topics to get you started writing your own argumentative essay. However, we also offer services to have your essay written for you for a small fee. Our company currently has hundreds of professional writers with extensive backgrounds in academic contexts, including research, essay and dissertation writing. Our employees have written hundreds of essays for students across the world. Our company has the knowledge and experience required to customize essays to suit any academic context or subject, and to ensure you receive the grade you want. Contact us now to see how we can provide you with these services!
If you decide to compose the paper on your own, below is the list of strong argumentative paper topics. Some of the more frequently discussed ones include sample essays.
Middle and High School Level Topics
- Should obtaining contraceptives require teenagers to have parental approval?
- Should restrictions be imposed on the number of passengers a minor is allowed to transport in his or her vehicle?
- Should it be mandatory to obtain a high school education?
College Level Topics
- When is it justifiable to employ military force?
- If a minor commits a crime, should the parents be held accountable?
- Should academic success be the main determining factor in college admissions?
Topics You Would be Wise to Avoid
- Is our current governmental process just?
- Are athletes unfairly compensated for their skills?
- Should a moral limit be imposed on how far science can go?
- Should we take at face value all of the claims made by infomercials?
- Should it be permissible to post videos of funny cats on social media sites?
- What song is the absolute worst one ever written?
- Video and computer games can negatively impact those who play them.
- Sexual education is the best way to prevent teenage pregnancy and a variety of other issues.
- Is it legal to terminate a pregnancy?
Topics in Bioethics
- Is it moral or justifiable to employ animals in research?
- Cloning should be a forbidden practice.
Topics Pertaining to the IT Sphere
- Some internet browsers and search engines can prompt privacy and security concerns among users.
- Sites, where you can download protected content, violate copyright laws.
- Should there be regulations imposed on YouTube commenters?
- Do you agree or disagree that the Internet has become too commercialized?
Topics Relevant to Legal Issues
- Do gun control regulations help to reduce crime?
- Is capital punishment a justifiable action?
- Is the practice of euthanasia a defensible one?
- The book "Twelve Angry Men" is a literary representation of democracy, including its potential flaws.
- Should same-sex marriage be legalized?
- It is never justifiable to submit someone to torture.
- Smoking in commonly held places should not be permitted.
- Regulations in society are becoming too controlling.
- It is wrong to make the use of marijuana legal in some states.
- It should be illegal to produce and sell cigarettes.
Topics of Social Concern
- Racial tolerance is enhanced by cross-cultural marriages.
- The behavior of children from one-parent homes is different from those who come from a two-parent household.
- Criminal activity is more frequently engaged in by men rather than women.
- Youthfulness makes people more rebellious by nature, and consequently, young adults are more receptive to negative influence.
- Children who saw violence on TV are more likely to be violent themselves
- Sexual content on TV influences teenagers in a negative way.
- The best way to improve education is to homeschool children.
- Because trees recycle air, the destruction of rainforests should be prohibited.
- To reduce gas prices, should countries drill for oil in environmentally protected places?
- Global warming does not actually exist.
- Do electric cars potentially offer a remedy to worldwide pollution?
Topic Pertaining to Society and the Media
- Is it true or false that women' body images are influenced by the media?
- Is it true or false that there is causality between playing violent video games and perpetuating violence in schools?
- Do cities have an obligation to preserve old or historic buildings?
- Losing weight can not be achieved by dieting.
- Acquiring the loyalty of employees can only be done through monetary rewards.
- Career success is no longer dependent on life-long learning skills.
- The veracity of Correspondence Theory of Truth is a legitimate position to hold.
- Japan should not be allowed to claim the Dokdo islands as they are the property of Korea.
- Ghost hunting involves the deception of people.
Advice on How to Write an Excellent Argumentative Essay
- body paragraphs
Utilizing the above structure for an argumentative essay will help keep you focused, and ensure that your audience can follow your argument.
- The opening paragraph states the paper's thesis topic clearly and concisely and elaborates very briefly on the background as well as the importance of the subject.
- The body paragraphs come after the introduction paragraph. This is where the writer advances his or her arguments and provides accurate and trustworthy evidence to support them.
- The type of supporting evidence should be based on the topic of the essay: factual, anecdotal, logical or statistical.
- After conveying his or her own position, the author addresses alternative perspectives.
- The essay is finished with a concluding paragraph. This is a highly important component of the essay, as this makes a final impression on the reader. Here the author should briefly summarize the key points he or she has made in the body paragraphs, as well as state why his or her perspective is to be preferred. A few comments on the significance of the topic for a contemporary audience should also be included here. The conclusion should not include any new information that was not previously addressed in the paper.
Another helpful resource to make your writing seem more polished is to employ connection words.
How are Connection Words Supposed to be Used in Writing an Argumentative Essay?
Connection words act like bridges between the ideas articulated in your paper. They assist in the flow of the paper as you transition from one idea to another.
Addition: also, in addition, together, likewise;
Contrast: however, in reality, still, despite, nevertheless, otherwise;
Cause or Purpose: for the purpose of, as/so long as, given that, with this in mind;
Result: therefore, for this reason, consequently, accordingly, as a result;
Conclusion: all things considered, as shown above, in conclusion, for the most part, to summarize.
How Will this Knowledge Help Me in the Future?
Knowing how to write a strong argumentative paper helps you advance your own argumentative thinking. Thinking critically and being able to persuasively advocate your own position are fundamentally important skills to have in contemporary society. In many professional contexts, respectful argumentation is what leads to the development of new ideas and perspectives. Being able to compose a strong argument will help you succeed in society.
Part of what constitutes success is the ability to maintain focus, and in particular to direct your focus to what you really think and how you want to devote your future time, life, and resources. The more time you can invest in this, the further ahead you will be in pursuing your career goals.
We have been writing academic papers for students since 2015. We encourage you to employ our services as one of the components of your career success trajectory.
Did you Know?
Many brilliant people who achieved success in life were actually academic drop-outs. Because they were so preoccupied with what was important to them, they often couldn't complete their homework on time. Regardless if you are a successful business entrepreneur, have a hectic job in a fast-paced corporation, or have a personal emergency or unforeseen circumstance, failing a class or module is a possibility if you do not have your academic work submitted in time. That's why our essay writers are here to provide assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If Bill Gates or Mark Zuckerberg had been aware of our services, they likely would have gotten their degrees on time!